Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Taco Truck Nite


Much has been written about Los Angeles' embattled taco trucks, so I'll keep this brief and add only one note to the chorus: being a homegrown Angeleno who has lived in New York and been friends with many a New Yorker, "better mexican food" has always been the cornerstone of my argument for LA's ultimate superiority. Yes, New York does a lot of things right--pizza, bagels, better iterations of certain ethnic dishes--but at 4 in the morning, when I've tossed a few back and my benighted stomach is crying out for a greasy salve to ease tomorrow's pain, there's nowhere on earth I'd rather be than waiting on line at Taco Zone, debating whether to get 2 or 3 tacos, feverishly hoping that my pronunciation of "mulita" will be good enough for the owner to understand. Take these beloved specimens away and the only argument I can make is for superior weather. And you can't eat the weather.

2 comments:

12345678990 said...

I miss la! Where is taco zone please thankyou.

sirrah said...

on alvarado btwn temple and sunset please.